Friday, May 4, 2007

Lots of Bowls...

Taking pottery for the last 3 years has left me with an awful lot of pots and bowls sitting in a box in my closet. Why don't I use them, huh? Well...the box in the closet are the ones that are not so functional, or that I don't want to display. Most of them are from the first couple classes I took, and I would rather make something new for people than give them the leftovers that aren't as nice. Cause now I can make nicer looking, lighter, more useful stuff! My new plan is to try to make things that are either specifically for someone, or will be useful to us personally. Cause otherwise, we will be taken over! However, the stuff in the box isn't that bad either... I take pottery at the local cultural arts center - come join me sometime :-)

Yesterday I brought 4 larger bowls home - 2 big ones and 2 that fit inside them. I would like to start taking pictures of stuff when I get it back to keep in my pottery journal. So far, I've been using the journal to keep track of glaze combinations. Since I've written them down, it seems like it'd be nice to have a photo of how they turned out.

Ok, enough rambling for now. Oh, except to mention a new coffee shop near us. If you're in the Hillsboro area, check out Insomnia Coffee Co, on the corner of Baseline & 53rd Ave. (coffeeandmusicinhillsboro.blogspot.com & www.myspace.com/insomniacoffee)

No comments: