Friday, January 29, 2010

(Temporary) Sock Fail

Well, I thought I had finished my Hedgerow socks (ravlink).  So here's the details...

Pattern: Hedgerow Socks by Jane Cochran
Started on: June 26, 2009
Finished on: TBD.
Yarn: KnitPicks Essential Kettle Dyed (now Stroll), Timber
Projects left to complete: 9

Overall I thought this pattern was great, not quite sure why it took so long to finish them.  With a 2 row repeat, it's super easy to memorize the pattern & do on the go without needing the (well written) instructions for most of it. 

The socks themselves are nice and soft.  The first one fits great!  The second one (and the reason I thought they were finished) is about 1/2in short, so I need to take out the toe and add a bit.  As for mods: the only thing I did was to kitchner the last 8 sts of the to instead of pulling the yarn through, but I'm not sure it would have made a difference one way or another.

I like the yarn - hopefully it will hold up well.  At the end of the day - I would recommend this pattern as one that is fairly simple, has a great fit, and looks great too!

No comments: