Monday, March 8, 2010

Down to 4!

So, I finished 2 projects over the weekend.  The Endpaper Hat for mom (ravlink), and officially finished my Hedgerow socks (ravlink).  Both a success I think!  Just hoping the hat fits mom w/ the liner sewn in.  This puts my project count at 2 on-the-needles, and 2 felted/sewing projects.  Since making the deal about the number of projects I have going on, we decided that the sewing projects don't really count.  (Especially since what's keeping me from finishing those is the disaster that is my desk...)  Also, from my initial list, I frogged (knit-speak for un-raveled) #2, and will frog #10 as soon as I find it...
Details on the Endpaper Hat
Pattern: Endpaper Hat by Kate Hiester(ravlink) - Pattern is from Eunny Jang's Endpaper Mitts
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Suri Merino in blue and cream
Needles: Final version on US 7s
Time elapsed: Too much!
Attepmts: 2 (first wasy VERY small... note to self, 2 strands doesn't mean pull tighter...also, check gauge sooner...)
Firsts: This project had a lot of firsts - it was my first stranded project,  my first doing the vertical double decreases that make the white lines on the crown, first doing applied (or any!) i-cord, and first doing a sewn in liner (don't make fun of my hand sewing...).

Guess what that means!  I'm down to 2 knitting projects!  And yep, I definitely started a new project (and have about 15 more in my head).  I am swatching for the February Fitted Pullover using a brilliant blue cotton-acrylic that I recycled from a Value Village sweater.  Actually fairly similar in color to the pattern photo. 
I'm still making progress on my Kimono sweater also - the back is nearly done (about 1 in to go).  I'm thinking of making it a 3/4 length sleeve top also, since it has billowy kimono style sleeves that would annoy me if I wore it to work.  I finally figure out with the cotton - I really get messed up if I work on it too long.  Shoulders/neck get all knotted.  Soooo, I've been working on it at lunch at work - 4-5 rows at a time (back rows are long, and the purl rows take forever...).  Perfect!  Progress + no soreness! 
Now I just have to figure out what yarn to use for summer tops, etc, since apparently lots of 100% cotton is not a great idea.  Lined up right now are the Feb. Fitted Pullover, and the Shaped Lace Tee from Knitting Lingerie Style (ravlink).  For the lacy tee, I have some Cascade Sierra, which has some wool in it.  I'm really looking forward to trying it out!
I suppose that's enough knitting talk for one day.  Hope you're having a great week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I may have to go into the business of knitting rehab. :o)

blinks said...

It's true -- it's a dangerous contact sport.

(Those needles are poky!)