Monday, July 27, 2009

Weddings & Flowers

This weekend we went to Portland to attend the wedding of one of my oldest friends (the other oldest is her sister... ;-) ) Our parents went to church together before we were born (she's like 2 weeks older than me), and we grew up together. It was a nice wedding - very elegant, and the reception was Hawaiian themed. Here's a few of my favorite photos...




It was a warm weekend. I helped my parents pick a full flat of blueberries from their 4 bushes. We definitely couldn't resist what followed... Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. Once again a favorite from Cooking Light!



This is my new desktop photo (aka, favorite photo i took lately...), from my parent's backyard.


Of course...there was some knitting stuff going on also. These Hedera (ravlink) socks have been finished for a week or so now.


Now it's hot here. It was 91 today when I got home. I have no idea if that was the high. Which, people may say 'meh', but around here...people really complain a lot (a LOT LOT) when it's hot! And apparently too hot starts at about 75. Personally, I like it! Course, it helps that, living on the second floor, we can keep the windows and back door open all the time...

I have a few more projects going on...I'll post about them in the next few days. Lets see...a pair of socks, my Delphine, of course, a knitting needle case, and a lace scarf. There may be one or two other things also... ;-)







No comments: