Monday, August 24, 2009

A Few Favorite Things

This photo is from a few days ago, taken to record my progress on my Kimono Style Sweater for my Ravelry notebook. I keep looking at all the things in this photo, and have realized how many of my favorite things are in it or around it.

The favorites involved:
  1. Knitting, of course, is a favorite hobby lately.
  2. Ravelry, for which the photo was really taken, is one of my favorite knitting sites. I'm sure you've heard me talk about it, or seen a link to it from here before. For those of you who don't have an account (most non-knitters), you can only see the homepage. Ravelry is a fantastic knitting 'social network' of sorts. Trust me, it's great.
  3. The photo was taken at Urban Coffee Lounge - the independent coffee shop we love to frequent (also the site of the Wednesday night knitting group I go to.
  4. Tea - this cup happens to be chamomile, which I am amazed that I can stand to drink! But there's something about a cup of tea...
  5. Might-O Donuts - this one is a full size Cinnamon & Sugar, which leads to the next one...
  6. Half priced pastries at the end of the day!
  7. See the bit of blue with a white design in the upper right corner? That's my favorite other half drinking his favorite drink - a chai tea latte - and wearing one of his favorite shirts.

No comments: